PE and Sport Premium at Greenmead Primary School 2017-18
The PE and Sport Premium is additional government funding to improve the quality of PE and sports activities offered to pupils in school. This is a challenging concept for Greenmead as many of the children do not undertake conventional ‘PE’. The total funding for the financial year 2017-18 was £13,066.
• A 40% contribution to the cost of support staff to facilitate swimming and hydro for each class
• Transport and fees to the Epsom Riding for the Disabled Centre for 4 pupils for weekly riding sessions
• Royal Academy of Dance weekly sessions conducted by a teacher for a number of classes
This funding has meant that every pupil in the school has been able to access some kind of physical activity during the school year.
How last year’s PE and Sports Premium was spent!
In the financial year 2016-17 the amount of PE and Sports Premium was £8,237.
How the PE & Sports Premium made a difference to the participation of pupils in physical activity at Greenmead School.
• A 17% contribution to the cost of support staff to facilitate swimming and hydro for each class
• Hire of buses to take children to horse-riding. Different children go horse-riding each half term.
• Royal Academy of Dance teacher running dance sessions for each class throughout the year
• Purchase of new sports equipment and resources to engage and enhance the experience of children taking part in PE in School.
The Friends of Greenmead (FOG) is the registered charity of Greenmead School. It depends on the support of parents, friends and staff for its success. Through FOG’s fundraising activities, Greenmead pupils have access to a range of facilities which would not otherwise be available. This includes funding Music Therapy. New parents are encouraged to join. If you would like to make a donation to the school please contact the school office or go to www.justgiving.co.uk
Charity Name: Friends of Greenmead Charity No.: 1012795